Handicapping enables golfers of differing skill levels to play equitably together- a vital and important component in the overall golf experience.
Establishing a Handicap
By establishing or renewing your annual membership with the Minnesota Golf Association you'll receive the following benefits:
- Your annual membership allows posting of scores through March 15 of the following year
- Handicap Index through the GHIN service at a MN club
- Subscription to the Minnesota Golfer magazine
- Handicap revision updates emailed straight to the golfer
- Online Posting for golfers to track their Handicap and Stats
- Up-to-date course rating information in national database ensures handicap accuracy
- Eligibility to play in MGA tournaments, championships, tours, and events
The Golf Handicap Information Network (GHIN) is a service offered by the USGA to golf associations worldwide. GHIN is one of the largest handicap management tools in the world, serving more than 2.3 million golfers and 15,000 golf clubs. Its services include the USGA Admin Portal for golfer management, score posting products for golfers and USGA Tournament Management.